Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spoilers Make the World go 'Round. Or Boldly. Whatever.

Leonard Nimoy just did a Trekmovie interview where he said that the movie is more of an adventure story than a social commentary. Uh-oh. That's one of the things I liked LEAST about Voyager and Enterprise.

He goes on to say that it does tell us revenge is bad, which I think we figured out very well from Nemesis, thank you! Whole new set of worries there.

Leonard also says he was concerned about acting as Spock after 18 years. Once he got on the set, that went away, and the director and the cast were wonderful and we'll all be very happy.

Well, if there's one thing he knows, it's us. I feel better now.

TWOK was a revenge movie too, you know.

And on a size-and-scope scale, this is bigger than TMP. Jeebus. And it's going to run away with the record for Star Trek box-office gains (I know my opening-day plans are certainly going to reflect that).

No comments:

Post a Comment