Friday, May 16, 2008

What's wrong with Jasmine

Why do I hate the fourth season of Angel so much?

Probably several reasons.

I came to Angel fairly late in the game, in what I think may have been a massive conspiracy among my friends not to let me get addicted to yet another show (probably a good plan), so they never talked about it in front of me. I caught the last season of both Buffy and Angel and got hooked from those - honestly, not the finest moments of either show.

I like Season 3 of Angel the best.

Anyway, why is it that I dread watching Season 4? This time through, I'm watching less in chunks than normal, so I'm seeing it more spaced out (like, one or two a day instead of eight). It's better this way - but I don't like it.

I think the problem lies in the villain. Something about me sees her point - she's saving a lot more people than she's killing. Lots more. And that scares me more than anything. Of course, like Janeway, I don't want to let numbers solve this. She's eliminating free will in the name of universal peace. Not cool.

Also, the fact that Joss essentially pulled the Jasmine plot out of thin air because Charisma Carpenter was pregnant sucks. He should have just ignored it and gone with Plan A. Would have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment